Monday, July 14, 2008

In loving Memory of James Bodell


I'd like to take this moment to remember one of my life-long closest friends. My cousin, James Bodell, passed away this afternoon. He was my closest cousin in age, and from day one of his life it was known that he would lead a life of difficult circumstances health-wise. Throughout our lives together, James' spirit was always one of wit, intelligence, and friendliness. Though the 2nd half of our lives was spent in different states, I was always very grateful for the time I was able to spend with him. I decided not to go on a senior trip after graduation, so that I could instead travel with my other cousin Caleb to go see James and his family. That trip will always be one of my cherished memories.

As I write this, I can feel James' loving spirit around me. He has parted from us lesser mortals, and gone into the great beyond into the loving arms of his Savior and Heavenly Father. It is my continual silent prayer that the loving spirit of Lord will also dwell with his family whom he leaves behind.

James, I love you, and God be with you till we meet again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

James was a dedicated and caring young man of great faith. He worked hard and always had a smile. I had the honor of knowing him through politics. I am so sorry for your loss. We will all miss him very much.

Pam said...

Dear Alex,
Thank you for calling me yesterday to tell me. We are all heart broken for the family he has left behind. I have scans of your trip together with Caleb and James and will try to send to to attach today.
Love,
Aunt Pam

Laura said...

That was a beautiful tribute Alex. Thank you for your post. Love you!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Alex. We will miss James so much. I couldn't believe it when my dad called me to tell me. But I'm glad that James is now with our Heavenly Father and doesn't have any problems anymore. Love you Al.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. do you think you can send any pictures you have to me or Crystal?

O said...

Many here may not know me, but I knew James. He was there when I first joined the church, when I left on my mission; he was the only person I recognized in the ward when I came back from my mission. He helped me a lot in finding the saviour after I started on this path. I knew of his great love for politics and had quite a few conversations with him. It was shocking to hear the news last night, he was a rare friend to have, loyal always, smart and intelligent. I took comfort in the knowledge of Heavenly Fathers plan. I love James, and I'll miss him; may God comfort his family.
David Joseph Post
歐勇浩