Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 4: Drive from NYC w/ stop over to see Sharon, VT

Collecting our belongings and newly acquired trinkets, we set off to see the birthplace of The Prophet Joseph Smith. It was about 4 hours away from NYC and just a bit out of the way from driving home back to New Hampshire. As we drove, we began to notice the leaves changing more than we had originally anticipated. (more on leaves later)




I have never been much of a Church History buff. Growing up in Salt Lake, I've come to take Church History for granted. However, seeing this spot, entirely dedicated to the preservation of the memory of his birth, really sucked me and I loved it! We took a few pictures and visited with a senior couple who had recently been called to serve in this spot. Craig swapped a few stories about when he was a missionary in that area and shared some special memories with us. After seeing this, I now have a desire to visit more Church History sites such as Palmyra. Who knows, maybe we'll get around to seeing it sometime in the next 20 years.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I am just now reading this...time to finish it!

Rebecca said...

Cool I wish I could go and do the same maybe some day.