Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Summer of Alex

For those of you familiar with Seinfeld, there was a time when George decided to have a self proclaimed summer vacation. It happened right as George got laid off from his job, and he just decided he needed to take some time off from life. His summer consisted of watching TV from his fancy chair with a built in mini fridge. Eventually, he fell down a flight of stairs, temporarily paralyzing him. It was quite funny actually (insert canned laughter here).
Well, I've been inspired to proclaim a summer of my own. This weekend being the inaugural ceremony for the summer months, I've decided to put the next 3 months to good use, with or without a full summer vacation.

And so, without further adieu... ladies and gentlemen, I give you... The Summer Of Alex!!! Marriage has been kind to me, a little too kind actually. Between married cooking and breaking my leg, I've put on 20 lbs over the cold winter and its time to work it off. I'm setting a goal to work out 4 times a week. Rain or shine, School or work, sleep or insomnia. I'm going to do my best. So hopefully, by the time the fall equinox is upon us, I shall emerge a beautiful butterfly... I mean, a leaner, healthier individual. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mitzi said...

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes. I am sitting here thinking that I should make a goal like that as I eat a box of Milk Duds!

Shannon said...

So is this like a mid-year resolution? Good luck! Keep us updated.

Cristi said...

Hello Alex and Cindy, well we got some excited news...call us, and we let you know.

Anonymous said...

fun,fun,fun-did Cindy let you get a chair with a fridge on the side? (you know, to relax after your long workouts)?