Wednesday, April 9, 2008

10 things about me, by Cindy

So Laura tagged me a while back and I've decided to report on the 10 random things about me...

1. I like to make up words. I'm not sure where they come from, but where ever it is, they are quite profound. One of Alex's Favorites is "Yancy" which is to mean... Nervous, Dancy, excited, jittery.

2. I'm open about burping in the open, apparently more than I should be. I wouldn't really say I burp in "public," but I have no reservations about letting one out when surrounded by family/friends. This one time, when I was 14, at a family reunion drinking home made root beer, I let out a really big burp at the table while everyone was eating dinner. Everyone stopped eating to look at me. One kid said "Nice one," while my Aunt Kathy elbowed me pretty hard.


3. I LOVE strawberry Ice Cream. Especially Breyer's brand. I bought a quart of one every week for 6 months, (I think every Wednesday) while in Kentucky last year.

4. I went 4 years without going to the dentist, (November 2003- November 2007) and I didn't even get any Cavities... I've never had a cavity my whole life!

5. I've never broken a bone or had stitches. I suppose I should knock on wood, but I'm still pretty proud about that.

6. This last few months on the way to institute, I notice I always get really hot in the car. And on the way home, I always get cold. Alex was freezing in the car last time while I had the A/C blowing on him. What a sweetie for enduring my temperature uniquenesses.

7. I have MONO. Oh, and I love cats.

8. I enjoy playing games with family and friends. Especially competitive games. No one gets more competitive than my brothers, even though Alex likes to say I'm worse than them.

9. We have a family home video of me when I was 4 singing "I am a Child of God." Apparently I didn't know how to end the song after starting it. So while singing the song, when I got to the line "teach me all ...." I would ramble for a couple seconds then return to "... lead me, guide me..." and sing it over and over and over again.

10. To finish this off with a big one, I would say I'm usually concerned about those around me than I am with myself. Not that I worry about their opinion, but I always go out of my way to try to help everyone I can, and help everyone around me to be happy.

I am grateful for my friends and family, especially my husband Alex! He has brought a lot of joy into my life.

So I guess I'm supposed to 'tag' 5 other people to tell us 10 random things about them. So here it goes: Craig, Carrie, Tiffany, Courtney, and Jake.

4 comments:

Liz Kirkby said...

a burper huh? we'll have to have a contest, i've been known to give a few "nice ones" myself! have a great day, love liz :)

Craig said...

I'm not competitive! I dare you to prove me wrong...err..ahhh...

Laura said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing Cindy! Kevan's favorite ice cream is Breyer's Strawberry too. I'll have to start using the word "Yancy". I loved reading more about you!

Tiffany said...

that was fun to learn more about you!