Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last stop, Rexburg! .... End of the Line

We're here! We are in our beautiful new place. Sorry for not posting pictures here, but i'll see what I can do over this next week to help you all get a feel for the place we are now living in. Today will be our first day at church, and tomorrow morning school starts. We've been really busy unpacking and getting our new home stocked. I think the number one thing Cindy is excited about, is the fact that she doesn't have to share her kitchen space with 5 other girls.

Update on previous post

The cartoon I found online to post of moving was disturbingly accurate of how our move felt. My Dad did an incredible job of getting all the stuff in our "need" pile packed onto and into the truck. We covered it with a tarp, and then put a spiderweb style bungee cord over it. As soon as we hit I-80, after about a mile, we saw Cindy's backpack go flying out the back of the truck! So we pulled over, and my Dad and I engaged in some driveby acrobatic retrieval maneuvers, and got it back on the next pass. The next 2 hours consisted of us driving behind my Dad incredibly tense watching the tarp flap all over the place and us just thinking about what the next precious item we are to lose next.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you arrived in Rexburg! Have fun and good luck with school.

Tiffany said...

Yay! Have fun! We are going to miss you!