Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference


Its been a while since we've blogged. So I'm gonna go ahead and share with you all some of my thoughts on the recent conference.
1st of all. I see that everyone is filling their new shoes just fine since the reorganization of the first presidency. That is including, but not limited to, Elder Quentin L. Cook.
My favorite talks were during priesthood session, where President Uchtdorf taught us about "lifting where we stand." There is something about knowing that at any given time, we are able to do something that will make a difference in the world, even if we feel like we could so much more than the menial tasks assigned to us, or in contrast, if we are feeling like the calling is too big of a burden to bear, we can always "lift where we stand." I also appreciated the opening where Elder Scott had a Priesthood interview with every Male in attendance.
I always appreciate general conference time, but this was the first one where it was just me and the wife. We enjoyed being together all weekend. We almost always spend our entire weekend together anyway, but this one seemed somehow special.

No comments: