Thursday, January 24, 2008

The plot thickens

Today we shall continue the saga of the courtship between Alex and Cindy. So at the beginning of the new year in 2007, I became the first person at work who found out Cindy's dirty little secret that she was going away to Kentucky for the duration of the spring and summer months. It was at this point that I began to realize how much I enjoyed working with Cindy and just being around her in general.
Determined to not let her leave with me just being another manager she just happened to work with, I told Cindy that before she left she needed to go to dinner with me. She didn't really argue, but then the issue was when and where. We made a plan for a certain night, but then I volunteered to spend a night babysitting some of my adorable nieces and nephews and treating them to a night of pizza and movies with their fun uncle Alex. It wasn't until the day of that I realized I had double booked my evening! I couldn't bail on my nieces and nephews cause I knew it would break their hearts. But at the same time I just couldn't cancel what may be my one and only chance to spend an evening alone with this beautiful woman I had gotten to know.
I believe this was for a Thursday night, and if any of you know anything about working at the movies, there is no such thing as going out on a weekend. Friday and Saturday night one or the other of us worked, so no luck there. Sunday was out, and I left the following Tuesday morning to go to Hawaii with my parents to see my Brother Ben. And then, after I got back from Hawaii, I knew that there was only a day before Cindy left for Kentucky, during which I knew she would be packing and stuff and would be therefore unavailable. So the only shot I knew I had, was Monday night!
So, we made the plans, she worked Monday morning and afternoon, and would meet me at Red Robin after work. So it was set. I had a shot.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

HI ALEX: I'M THE FIRST ONE !!!!! GO, CRIS, GO CRIS...I LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL STORY THAT CINDY AND YOU HAVE AND I HOPE I CAN GET TO KNOW CINDY A LITLLE BIT MORE. I LIKE HER AND WE ALMOST THE SAME AGE, AND MAYBE SHE HAS SOME THINGS THAT I LIKE TOO...

Cristi said...

AND MAYBE WE CAN BE BEST FRIENDS!!!!