Monday, January 28, 2008

You can't keep a good dog down!

Here we are again folks! Only this time reporting from our new home/my new office in the basement of the Olsen family. Today is my first day working from home and its really not that bad. I get to do all my fun stuff on my personal laptop, while doing my work on my work laptop.

Getting here wasn't all that easy though. Friday night, Gail (my father-in-law) and I went to work getting my office set up. We ended up running at least 80 ft of Ethernet cable from his office, down to our section of the basement where I have my desk set up. That includes at least 10 ft of that going through heating ducts b/w the floors.

I'm having a good time here. There are positive and negative distractions that come along with it.
GOOD: My commute is much nicer
BAD: It can get pretty cold down here
GOOD: My wife can be with me while I do my busy work stuff at times
BAD: The cats like to jump up on the desk while I'm doing work, and if you know me, I'm no cat person
GOOD: My breaks can now consist of Computer games on my personal laptop, or even Playstation
BAD: No more access to the 2nd floor restroom (You'd have to have been there to understand)

So now I shall contiue my day. I've got a mini- heating fan blowing on my now, so hopefully that will warm me up a little. Feel free to contact me if you're bored.

1 comment:

Craig said...

You've grown a lot of facial hair since I last saw you.......a month ago. I think I should visit Mexico if I can get growth like that.